CREATE A COMIC PAGE, CREATE A COMIC BOOK!
NOW EXTENDED and UPDATED FOR INKTOBER!
Instead of one artist creating one book, my hope is to have MANY ARTISTS collaborating on a Captain Sun adventure entitled, “Mystery of the Missing”. Each creator would be responsible for one page. BUT THE REALLY FUN PART is that each creator creates all the content for his or her page, building on the ideas of the previous pages (a kind of exquisite corpse creative process). After the event, every contributor will then receive a PDF of the final book (which will conclude with a short, spiritual encouragement and contributors info). The final book will then be available for FREE online!
Here’s how it works:
- In the comment section below, ASAP, use the earlier comments (i.e., page summaries) to add to the story by adding your comment (i.e., page summary). I will get the ball rolling with a page 1 idea. Then others will commit to each successive page (please clearly indicate which page you’re doing).
- Feel free to take the story in any direction you’d like! Have fun!
- Be sure to include key details in your summary (in the comment section), specific details that will affect other creators. For example, if Captain Sun has his cape torn off in a battle with giant spiders, be sure to state that clearly. That way the creator of the next page doesn’t depict the hero, cape intact, fighting giant grasshoppers (some continuity problems are inevitable, but let’s do our best).
- The comic will be black and white, and final art (that includes inked or dark penciled images, as well as text) should fit 7 inches wide and 10.5 inches tall (or 2100 x 3150 p at 300 dpi) page size.
- In keeping with the Captain Sun ‘vibe’, all content should be fun and appropriate for all ages. Additionally, while Captain Sun books are Christian worldview tools, they are not traditional ‘Christian comics’. Therefore, the goal is not to create explicitly Christian content, but a classic, family-friendly superhero story.
- All submissions will be due before midnight on Saturday, October 31st, 2020. Please also send a short blurb telling readers about yourself. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Using that e-mail address (or via social media), feel free to send me any and all questions. If you need help with adding text to your page, I’d be happy to help. Just leave room for captions and dialogue, then send me the art, as well as a script for your page.
I’m excited to have you involved and to see how this project turns out!
For the Hero of Heroes!